Closing Date: 07/07/2017 at 8:00am
Salary: £15133 p.a. (actual salary)
Working Pattern: Full Time/ Term Time
Hours: 37 per week term time only hours
DBS Check: Enhanced
Required for September 2017. Sandhurst School is seeking to appoint a Learning Supervisor to support the teaching staff and students at this 11-18 comprehensive with 997 students on roll. Duties will include:
• Supervising lessons where work has been set in the absence of a teacher
• Assisting with exam invigilation
• Putting up displays
• Administration tasks such as photocopying/typing/ maintaining stock/filing
• Accompanying staff on school visits
Appropriate training will be provided.
This position may suit someone looking for school experience before beginning teacher training. We are looking for a well-organised, self-confident individual who has good communication skills. The successful candidate should be enthusiastic and committed to working with young people.
We are a friendly, caring school dedicated to providing all our students with the opportunity to succeed.
In September 2013 Ofsted reported that at Sandhurst School:
- “Students make good progress in mathematics and English and achieve standards which are above the national average”
- “Teachers know their subjects well and convey high expectations to their students”
- “Exceptional additional opportunities are offered to students and these promote their spiritual, moral and cultural development”
- “The behaviour of students is good. They show high levels of maturity both in lessons and around the school.”
Below is some information on working for Sandhurst School as well as an application form for all posts. If you would like more details on advertised positions, please phone the school on 01344 775 678.